Mirror, Mirror on the Wall: Unique Bathroom Mirror Ideas
Bathrooms are multi-functional rooms. They’re used for bathing, freshening up, relaxing, pampering, and grooming. There’s essential components to nearly every bathroom: a toilet, shower, and sink, but one component that isn’t often named immediately is quite important to the room: the mirror. The mirror not only bring functionality to the room, but it can change the look and bring a whole new design aesthetic to the room, as well.
Bathroom mirrors don’t need to be plain and ordinary. They can add a lot of fun to the room. For this article, we wanted to share with you some unique bathroom mirror ideas you may want to incorporate into a new home or a bathroom remodel.
- A mirror in front of a window – Sounds strange, right? Mounting a mirror in front of a window frees up wall space in the room, especially if you have a smaller space to work with to build showers/baths. It also dresses up the window and gives you an excuse to look outdoors while getting ready.
- Suspended mirrors – For an ultra-sleek and modern look, go for a suspended mirror. Suspended mirrors are also great for people who have minimal wall space and oddly shaped. The mirror will hang from a cable system.
- Wraparound mirrors – If you have a small bathroom and want to give the illusion that it’s bigger than it is, opt for a wraparound mirror. Wraparound mirrors aren’t just mirrors they act as wall covering. You can get this mirror style custom cut to perfectly fit your space. They are great for bathrooms that don’t have windows. If you like a modern feel, this is a good option.
- Pivoting mirrors – A pivoting mirror above your sink can allow you to see more of yourself without taking up space. Whether your short or tall, the mirror can adjust and move to your height. Pivoting mirrors usually are mounted away from the wall, so wallpaper or tile can be installed behind the mirror for an added design element. Pivoting mirrors are great for tight spaces.
- Mirror on a mirror – A mirror mounted on top of another mirror is a creative way to dress up a wall and looks classy. A good example of this is having the wall behind the sink be entirely glass, then you’d mount a framed decorative mirror on top of the glass. All this glass will allow for more light in the room and make the room feel bigger. This is a very non-traditional look.
- Multiple mirrors – Installing multiple mirrors can dress up your bathroom, especially if the mirrors are different shapes, sizes, and have different frames. These mirrors personalize the space without you having to install something more permanent (like the tub or tiles) to make an aesthetic design statement. If you’re going for an eclectic, fun look, try multiple mirrors to artistically display over the sinks!
Give your bathroom that luxurious “wow” factor with a creative mirror installation! Thinking about renovating your bathroom? Luxury Home Solutions is a custom home builder who builds and renovates homes in Naples, Fort Myers, Bonita Springs, and other Southwest Florida cities. To get started with our design team, click here or call 239-728-2143.