Add A Custom In-Law Suite to Your Home
Thinking about adding an in-law suite to your home? You’re not alone. More and more people are building these into their homes or adding them as an addition. Whether you have a lot of guests or live in family members, this is a great space addition for your home. You can make it look like the rest of your home or you can make it have a completely different look.
Where should the in-law suite be in your home?
- You could put it in the basement, if you have one or are able to have a basement. Basements give you a lot of space to work with. Basements are also very private.
- You could put it on top of the garage. This is a spacious area for a studio/suite. They even have their own private entrance. This is good for independent living space.
- You could covert your garage, which is a big space. It’s all on a low level, so whoever lives there doesn’t have to climb stairs. The people staying in this space will be connected to you but still have their own privacy.
- You could convert a part of your home. You could take some spare bedrooms or office and turn it into an in-law suite.
- You could build an addition, if you have the space and budget. With an addition, the possibilities are endless.
Things to think about and/or include in an in-law suite:
- Giving the suite a private bath
- Giving the suite a living/sitting area separate from the bedroom
- Giving the suite hookups for internet and cable
- Giving the suite a full kitchen or kitchenette
There are a lot of ways to design an in-law suite into your home. Our design professionals at Luxury Home Solutions (LHS) will work with your space and budget to create a space that reflects the needs of those who will be staying in the space.
At LHS, we build custom luxury homes, outdoor living spaces, specialty rooms, and do home remodeling in Naples, Fort Myers, and other cities in Southwest Florida. To view some of our work, visit our custom home remodeling page. Call us at 239-728-2143 or click our Naples custom home builder contact page to get started today on your luxury dream home!