Custom Home Builder or DIY?
Your home needs some major renovations. You’ve been watching a lot of HGTV, so you’re thinking you can potentially DIY when it comes to sprucing up a room in your home or building an addition. However, DIY is easier said than done. Home renovations and building require a lot of time and skill. Now if you have both those things, great! If not, you may end up running into a lot of problems and spending even more money than if you hired a home builder or contractor.
Our team at Luxury Home Solutions is made up of skill, certified professionals who are committed to building trust, while creating casual elegance, distinctive quality, and impressive value to your home. For this article, we wanted to share the pros of hiring a custom home builder.
- LHS uses the most-up-to-date 2020 Design software and multi-platform project management systems, which many homeowners do not have or have access to.
- Custom builders have set plans for you to look at so you don’t have to start completely from scratch.
- Custom home builders have licensed contractors in their business or have connections to other contractors who will be needed throughout the process. From plumbers to electricians, a custom home builder has a professional working on each part of the job. Whereas, a homeowner may be good at carpentry but doesn’t know a thing about electrical work – this is where you can run into problems.
- Custom home builders carry liability insurance and worker’s compensation, so you don’t have to worry about any legal or medical bills. If you get hurt during a DIY project, you may have an expensive hospital bill to pay.
- If you’re looking to build a new home, a custom home builder can easily help you find plots of land.
- Custom home builders have access to discounts, special pricing, and materials that you may not.
- Custom home builders know all the housing and city codes for your home to be in compliance. They know what kind of permits to get during building.
- There’s a good chance a builder will do the work faster and more efficiently than you, especially if you don’t have much expertise in this area.
- The LHS is made up of skilled workers who are excellent in their crafts. The work you will receive is top-notch, whereas your quality of work may not be as high.
- Custom home builders have all the right tools and equipment to get the job done.
If you have a passion for building and DIY projects, you can try it out! For the most part, choosing a home builder to build your home or renovate your home ends up saving you a lot of time and money in the long run.
Looking to build or renovate a home in Naples? Or another city in Southwest Florida? Let our team of professionals work with you from concept to finish. Luxury Home Solutions builds custom luxury homes and does home renovations in Naples, Fort Myers, Bonita Springs, Marco Island, and other cities in Southwest Florida. Call us at 239-728-2143 or click our Naples custom home builder contact page.