Designing the Right Bathroom Vanity for You
A bathroom is a place to freshen up; it’s a place to relax; it’s a place to escape just a little bit; it’s a place to get ready for the day or night ahead. You probably spend a lot more time in the bathroom than you realize. The average person spends around two years of their life in the bathroom! Since you spend a lot of time in your bathroom, you should make this room as comfortable and inviting as possible. From the counter tops to the floor, the bathroom should be your own personal oasis and spa.
At Luxury Home Solutions (LHS), we offer an array of designs and layouts for a bathroom remodeling; we can maximize space, maintain flow, and help you create an environment that reflects your style, wants, and needs.
For this article, we wanted to focus on one aspect of the bathroom: the vanity. The vanity is one of the main focal points in the bathroom. The vanity is where you get ready and freshen up, so it’s an important part of the bathroom. Whether you’re applying makeup, shaving, putting on facial creams, or doing your hair, you have your daily and night.
Below, we’ve compiled a list of some different vanity ideas you may want to consider in your luxurious bathroom renovations.
- Washstand: This is a traditional, elegant look. There is no drawers or cabinets (no storage space) but it makes a small bathroom look bigger.
- Single: A single vanity can be enough for your bathroom. A cabinet underneath can hold a lot of your belongings and keep the room clutter free.
- Freestanding: A freestanding vanity looks like a piece of furniture in the room than an actual sink. It comes with storage space. These are usually ornate pieces and can add character to the room.
- Perch on a plinth: If you have enough storage, putting your sinks on a wall-hung plinth is aesthetically pleasing. The room is more open, and it brings a creative design element to the room. You can store towels underneath.
- Lots of storage: Big storage vanities are a good idea if you have a big family and lots of belongings. Big vanities have deep drawers beneath and are very wide.
- Small: Small vanities are great for guest bathrooms. Pick a vanity that is ornate or has a special style, so it is the focal point of the room.
- Wall mounted: This is a “floating” vanity, which is great for a tiny bathroom. It makes a room look like it has more space
- Custom: Create a custom vanity that fits your needs, tastes, and size of the room.
There are endless ways to design the vanity in your bathroom. From a small Victorian-style stand to a big wide counter for all your makeup needs, the possibilities are endless.
There are so many ways you can bring your bathroom to the next level. At LHS, our designers and team know how to create a custom luxurious bathroom and vanity space.
We build custom luxury homes, outdoor living spaces, and offers home renovations in Naples, Fort Myers, and other cities in Southwest Florida. To view some of our work, visit our custom bathroom remodeling page. Call us at 239-728-2143 or click our Naples custom home builder contact page to get started today on your luxury dream home or pool!