Backyard decks have risen in popularity over the last decade and Luxury Home Solutions (LHS) has built many for our clients. Having worked with various homeowners LHS accumulated deck ideas for better backyard fun. When you start on outdoor deck ideas, your first concern should be the construction materials used. There are four kinds of deck material, so do some examination before determining which one works best for your family. The possibilities are:
- Pressure-Treated Lumber: Creates that traditional hardwood look but entails lots of maintenance and is very vulnerable to distorting.
- Redwood: Woods like Redwood and Cedar are somewhat more hard-wearing, but are often costly.
- Composite: Plastic or a composite material needs very little upkeep after installation, but can be restricted in terms of color and style choices.
- Aluminum: The best long-lasting material and also the most expensive.
After you know what material to build your deck out of, your next step will be to plan the deck layout and to create separate spaces for the best optimization of the deck. As you plan the layout ask yourself how you plan to use the space. You’ll probably use the deck for a couple different reason, so use furniture to separate the deck into the clearly defined functional areas you need. The separate deck space ideas we have seen:
- Add a grand dining area with a large table to accept a party full of people. You can anchor the table with a canopy that will provide protection from the sun and rain, as well as add style to your backyard.
- Add a lounge area with comfortable casual outdoor seating including lounge chairs or even a couch. You can put a table or fire feature in and around the seating to provide a warm atmosphere.
- Put in a game area by centering space with an outdoor rug and then adding in a foosball, ping pong, or even a shuffleboard table. The game options are boundless, so you can find the right outdoor set with ease to entertain your family.
- Do not forget the outdoor kitchen! Every backyard has an outdoor kitchen and adding another level to your deck that features the outdoor kitchen will provide multiple levels of entertainment and architectural detail to your yard. You can keep your outdoor kitchen simple with just a grill or go all out with a built in grill, countertop, fridge, beer keg, and so much more! Furthermore, the incorporation of an outdoor kitchen and/or wet bar is an amazing option for those who do not want to be trapped in a kitchen while the fun happens outside.
The deck Ideas for better backyard fun are endless. You can do so much with a deck and even more if you incorporate multiple levels. Similarly, make sure your deck is equipped with adequate lighting and even a few speakers for music that will instantly create a party heaven.
Are you ready for your backyard deck project? You can let us know about your backyard project here! LHS is southwest Florida’s premier home remodeler and builder. You can view all of LHS backyard transformations here! When you’re ready, give us a call at 239-728-2143.