Ways to Add Wood into Your Home
Wood is a timeless design element in a home. If you’re a fan of wood, there are many ways to incorporate this material into your home without it appearing old, dated or too country-like.
Wood has been a staple in homes for decades. You can do many different things with wood and it’s an easily attainable material. Our design team at Luxury Home Solutions can help you add wood into your home in a variety of different ways, whether big or small. Below, we wanted to share with you the different ways you can incorporate wood into your home’s design to reflect your wants, needs, and budget.
- Barn doors inside the home are all the rage right now. Barn doors slide on rails and can add a divider to a room where a traditional door wouldn’t work. Wooden front doors or front barn doors make a big statement and will make your home stand out. If you want more light in your home, French doors throughout are a great addition.
- Putting a wooden mantel on a fireplace will contrast nicely with a brick or stone fireplace.
- For a cozy feel, build a wooden accent wall. Instead of wallpaper or color paint, the wooden wall is a design element by itself. You can even paint the wood bright colors to change the feeling of the room for something bolder and fun or muted colors, so it matches the rest of the walls.
- Use wood to trim the windows and doorways inside the home. It’s also eco-friendly, as it reduces energy use.
- Wooden ceiling beans can make any room appear larger.
- Hardwood floors are timeless and elegant.
- Plantation shutters are a popular wooden window and are currently trending.
- Design a wooden staircase for a traditional look.
- Instead of stone, make your kitchen countertops out of wood.
Get ready to make your home charming with some wooden design elements. You can choose any type of wood for any space in your house. Our team of design professionals will work with you from concept to finish to incorporate wood into any room you want.
Whether you want to renovate a room with wood or build a new home, we’ve got the skills to get the job done. Luxury Home Solutions builds custom luxury homes and offers home renovations in Naples, Fort Myers, Bonita Springs, Marco Island, and other cities in Southwest Florida. Call us at 239-728-2143 or click our Naples custom home builder contact page to get started today on your luxury dream home!