Add Character to Your Home with Tile Work
Not everyone has an eye for design. Picking out decorations, paintings, photographs, and accessories doesn’t come easy for some people. If this sounds like you, you may benefit from having more fun and artistic elements built into your home instead of you adding pieces to it. Through built-in design, you work with a team of designers who are skilled at making a room and home look aesthetically pleasing while reflecting your tastes and still being functional.
For this article, we wanted to focus on tile design. Regardless of the room, you can add different designs and colors to the tiles on the floors, walls, counters, and more to truly bring character to the room. Below, we have shared some creative tile-design ideas for you to incorporate into your new home or home renovation.
- If you’re into a classic, timeless look for your home, stick with black and white styles. The contrast alone is enough to make a dramatic statement. There are many ways black and white tiles can be used together, such as sizes and patterns.
- For interest on the flooring, install a flowery tile or a tile with geometric shapes. Aim to keep the rest of the room simple, since the floor is “busy” and “loud” with this design.
- Think a tub is boring? Get the front of the tub tiled. This will brighten up the bathroom and transform a boring tub into the most interesting piece in the room.
- Instead of wallpaper or paint, make one whole wall in a room out of tile. As you can choose various colors or patterns, you won’t have to buy any pictures to hang on the wall, since the wall is an art piece itself!
- Choose fun tiles to spread throughout your counter top and/or backsplash. Maybe they’re pictures of farm animals or fruit or animals. They’ll pop right out with the rest of the countertop/backsplash.
- Use one accent tile to stand out on your countertop or backsplash. It could be a color, print, letter, or image.
- Tile the sides of the kitchen island.
- Put a border around a tile on a floor or wall so it looks like a rug or portrait.
- Use a strip/block of tiles to make a statement in a room with bold/loud tiles.
- Use textured tile to give the perception of depth and space to a room.
Design ideas for tiles can be endless. Work with us to create some stunning tilework in your home! Luxury Home Solutions is a custom home builder who builds and renovates homes in Naples, Fort Myers, Bonita Springs, and other Southwest Florida cities. To get started with our design team, click our Naples custom home builder page or call 239-728-2143.