Building a new home is a big investment of both your money and time. Lots of design decisions get made during this time. Such decisions include; the layout, colors, windows, doors, walls, cabinet, lighting, flooring, and more. With that said, it’s important for you to 1. Choose things that reflect your style and needs, and 2. Choose things that can stand the test of time. Aim for timeless design in your home. You certainly don’t want to be bored or disgusted by your new home in a mere few months. You want to keep your home look new, fresh and current.
To achieve a timeless look, it’s a good idea to stick to a classic style and not ornate. Make sure you aren’t choosing things that are trendy or making a bold statement. You can still achieve this look without losing your own style and personality in the home. At Luxury Home Solutions, we wanted to share some timeless design elements to incorporate in your home that you don’t have to worry about redoing over and over again.
- Use columns for room dividers or design accents; they have been around for thousands of years. This look is not going anywhere!
- You can’t go wrong with a hardwood floor! This works great in living rooms, studies, and dining rooms.
- A neutral color scheme won’t go out of style and matches basically anything you place into the room. Neutral colors are classy and never look dated.
- Stick to paint instead of wallpaper. You can easily get bored of a color or design you choose and painting again is easier than removing wallpaper and putting the new pattern up.
- Open floor plans allow for you to change the look of spaces and rooms easily.
- Moldings on the ceiling and walls are timeless. People have been incorporating them into homes for centuries. You can find moldings in various styles to meet your design needs.
- Choose natural materials for your build like wood, stone, and brick. These items are long-lasting and you won’t get bored of them.
- Built-in storage (like bookshelves) is great for storage, but can also be aesthetically pleasing. This type of storage can always be used no matter how many years and trends go by.
- Whether you plan to use it or not, a fireplace is a great addition to a home. People have had them in their homes for years in nearly all rooms of the house, and even outdoors!
If you’re looking to build a home with timeless elements, let us help you! We are a custom home builder in Southwest Florida. We have built homes and done renovations on homes in Naples, Fort Myers, Bonita Springs, Estero, Sanibel and Marco Island. To get started building your timeless dream home, click here or call Luxury Home Solutions at 239-728-2143.